Installation must meet National Building Code requirements.
Carefully read entire installation guide before proceeding with your stone application. Observe applicable safety precautions.
- To set the stone apply a ½'' thick layer of mortar to the entire back of the stone, using a mason's trowel. Press the stone firmly into place on the prepared wall surface, squeezing the mortar out around all edges. A gentle wiggling action while pressing the stone will ensure a good bond.
- With jointless jobs it's important (when setting the stone) that the edges of the stone are properly sealed with mortar to ensure a good bond. Make sure that edges are hermetically sealed.
- Accidental smears should be removed using a whisk broom only after mortar has become crumbly but has not completely set.
- Install corner pieces first. Notice that the corner pieces have a long and a short leg. Alternate these in opposite directions. After that, flat pieces are applied working toward the wall centre.
- The stones can be cut or shaped using appropriate tool according to type of stone and desired cut. Position large pieces first, then trim and fit small pieces into any remaining voids. To conceal cut or broken edges, cover them with mortar when grouting.
Grouting and finishing joints
- If additional mortar is required, use a grout bag to fill in joints. Be careful to avoid smearing mortar on surface of stone. Never use a wet brush or wire brush.
- When the mortar joints have become firm or thumb-print dry, they should be pointed up with a wood stick or metal jointing tool. Rake out excess mortar, compact and seal edges around stones. Careful attention to proper and even jointing will result in a professional looking finish.
Cleaning finished job
- When mortar is sufficiently set up, the new surface should be broomed or brushed to remove loose mortar and to clean the face of the stone. A wet brush should never be used to treat the mortar joints as this will cause staining that will be difficult, or impossible, to remove. Do not use acid or acid base products.
- For outdoor jobs, use tarpaulin to protect newly installed stones until job is entirely completed.
- If stone is being applied in hot or dry weather, the back of each piece should be moistened with a fine spray of water or a wet brush to adequately prevent excessive absorption of moisture from the mortar. If being installed over concrete, masonry or scratch coat substrate, the substrate surface area should also be dampened before applying mortar.
- Applications should be protected from temperatures below freezing. Mortar and stones must be kept at minimum 5ºC during installation and at least 48 hours afterwards. Do not use antifreeze compounds to lower the freezing point of mortar.
- Cleaning the stones
To clean dirt or other particles from the stone, use with detergent mixed with water and brush softly. Rinse immediately with fresh water. Never use a corrosive product. Never use a metal scrubber.
Note: Eco Stone products are not recommended
Installation 1 SQ FT - Price without stones or bricks material
- Brand: EcoStone
- Product Code: InstallationModel
- Availability: 1